Excellent postdoctoral researchers
within the China Postdoctoral international Exchange Program
I. Introduction of the Program
JOINT CHINA-CUBA LABORATORY FOR FRONTIER RESEARCH IN TRANSLATIONAL NEUROTECHNOLOGY (Joint China-Cuba Lab) at the University of Electronic Science and Technology of China (UESTC) in Chengdu is currently accepting applications for excellent postdoctoral researchers within the China Postdoctoral International Exchange Program. This Postdoctoral International Exchange Program aims at attracting excellent young searchers at the post-doc stage (both Chinese and non-Chinese nationals from outside of China). Within the program successful applicants will be supported by a highly competitive salary for a period of initial 2 years.
UESTC is a Chinese national key university under “project 211” and “project 985”, and a class A double First Class university. The UESTC is located in Chengdu, traditionally known as “Country of Heaven”. Chengedu has developed into one of the world’s top 40 cities by scientific research and one of the most vibrant international and cultural bubs in West China.
III. About Joint China-Cuba Lab
The lab studies the human neural bases of social-emotion and cognition and the associated vulnerability patterns in normal people and specially in aging. Multimodal neuroimaging and psychophysical techniques are employed, including magnetic resonance imaging (MRI), functional MRI, diffusion tensor imaging, and electroencephalography (EEG). Key attractions are access to a 3T GE MR scanner and a MR compatible digital EEG system as well as collaboration opportunities with an excellent network of domestic and international scientists and doctors.
1. Obtained a doctoral degree in Biomedical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Physics, Mathematics, or a related field with research interests in neuroinformatics, cognitive neuroscience and/or multimodal neuroimaging or related fields from a global top 100 ranked university. Within the Sino-German research agreement the ranking requirement does not apply to German Universities, thus encouraging individuals with a PhD obtained in Germany to apply.
2. Graduated within the recent three years outside of China.
3. Able to work at least 20 months in China for the two-year postdoctoral program.
4. Strong background in computational neuroscience and/or mathematical modeling and have at least one first authored publication in relevant subjects.
5.Under the age of 35
Ⅴ. Remuneration package
1. Annual income is not less than 400,000 RMB/year for 2 years.
2. Postdoctoral apartment (rent-free).
3. Enjoy the reward policy of the university during the station.
4. priority appointment to the university faculty position after the station.
Please send us your curriculum vitae, statement of describing research interests and relevant background, as well as relevant reprints/preprints of research articles before 30 Sept. 2021 to firstname.lastname@example.org
Interested to know more about the application? Click Here.
For further questions, please feel free to mail to the same contact.